A quick review of my achievements and discoveries (art related or not) for the quarter allows me to acknowledge my achievements, understand where I still need work, and remember some of the new and exciting things I may have seen or done outside of the studio.
This is not intended to be an exhaustively detailed examination of all that has passed, but more an easily digestible bullet point record.
Quarter 4 – 2019
- Installation at Nook Nosh Wine Bar extended until the end of the year.
- Completed an number on new paintings which formed part of a new art installation at The Artisan Cafe in Blackwood, SA.
- Completed and delivered a new commission piece to another happy and satisfied client
Books & Podcasts
- Read a couple of books by Neil Gaiman – The Ocean at the End of the Lane, and American Gods
- Started reading His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman and just completed Northern Lights (or The Golden Compass if you prefer).
Movies & Television
- Just finished watching Years and Years which was quite a disturbing look at where the current state of the world might be heading for us.
- Having just read the book, I’ve started watching American Gods series 1
- Also watching The Mandalorian which I am quite enjoying
That’s it for this quarter and the year. I’m looking forward to taking a little time off and getting into the new year with refreshed enthusiasm.