As part of re-structuring how I plan and review my work this year, (ie. 12WY) I’ve decided that to go hand in hand with this, recording the achievements and discoveries (art related or not) at the end of each quarter would be a worthwhile exercise. It will allow me to acknowledge my achievements, understand where I still need work, and remember some of the new and exciting things I may have seen or done outside of the studio.
This is not intended to be an exhaustively detailed examination of all that has passed, but more an easily digestible bullet point record.
- Completed my ‘Fluidity‘ series of paintings
- Successful installation and opening night for my SALA exhibition at Nook Nosh Wine Bar
- Completed and delivered a new commission piece with another in the works
- Attended the Marion Contemporary Art Prize opening night at Gallery M (of which my Mum was a finalist)
- Went and saw ‘The Book of Mormon‘ at the Adelaide Festival Centre
- Went and saw Texan swampadelic groovers ‘WoFat‘ play a great set at the Crown and Anchor in Adelaide
Books & Podcasts
Movies & Television
- I know I’m probably a little late to the party on this one but we recently discovered ‘Stranger Things‘ and managed to binge watch the entire three seasons in the space of a few weeks.
- I’ve been getting into the music documentary series ‘Classic Albums’ also which is great to see the creative process in different light.
That’s it for this quarter. It has been a pretty successful one and looking forward to the run home to the end of the year.